Family Law

We recognize that relationship breakdowns, separations, divorce, and parenting disputes can be highly distressing experiences. We understand that you desire a resolution that is efficient and doesn’t prolong the emotional turmoil. At our firm, we firmly believe that most disputes arising from separations and family conflicts can be resolved amicably, avoiding the need for protracted court proceedings.

However, in cases where court intervention becomes necessary, you can find solace in knowing that you have a skilled and knowledgeable expert by your side. Our team has extensive experience in handling complex family law cases and has successfully represented clients from diverse backgrounds. We have a proven track record in managing various family law matters, including divorce proceedings, property settlements, parenting disputes, child recovery orders, and the formalization of agreements.

At all stages of your case, our firm will prioritize open communication, empathy, and understanding. We will listen to your concerns, provide realistic assessments, and guide you towards informed decisions. Our compassionate approach aims to minimize the emotional strain and help you navigate the legal process with confidence and support.

Through our commitment to excellence, professionalism, and client-centered representation, we are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome for you and your family. Rest assured that we will stand by your side, providing expert guidance and unwavering support throughout the resolution of your family law matters.

Family Law

If the parents are unable to reach an agreement, they can apply to the court for parenting orders. In such cases, the court will intervene to make decisions based on the best interests of the children involved.
A parenting plan is a written record of an agreement between the parents about the care of the children that is also signed and dated.
To prove that your marriage has 'irretrievably broken down,' in order to obtain a divorce, you must have been separated for at least 12 months.
Domestic and family violence is a repeated pattern of behaviour. Abuse doesn't have to be physical to be domestic or family violence.
The term “property settlement” describes the division of property between a husband and wife, or de facto partners, when they separate.

Binding Financial Agreement

A Binding Financial Agreement can specify how the parties have agreed to divide the asset pool in the event the relationship fails

Let us help you!

If you need helps, please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1 business day. Or if in hurry, just call us now.

Call : +61 8 8260 8134 Mon – Fri 09:00-17:00

Firm’s Presentation

Frequently Asked Questions

What do our service cost?

At Enlight Legal & Migration, where possible, we provide a fixed fee.  This fee includes all services we provide on your matter from start to finish.  We take the time to understand your matter before any work or fees are incurred, then advise you of the costs and whether you are willing to proceed.

When can I get divorced?

To apply for a divorce, you must have been separated for at least 12 months. Further, you or your spouse must be an Australian citizen, or live in Australia and regard Australia as your permanent home, or ordinarily live in Australia for at least 12 months before the divorce application. If you have the above requirements, you can file an application for divorce with the Federal Circuit Court.

What is an intervention order?

It is a court order which prohibits a person from behaving in a particular manner towards a protected person. The purpose of an intervention order is to protect anyone against whom it is suspected the defendant will commit an act of abuse, including any child who may be exposed to the effects of abuse committed by the defendant against another person.

Do the Family Law Courts take family violence into account?

Yes. In making parenting orders in the best interests of a child, the Court must give the greatest consideration to the need to protect the child from physical or psychological harm. Hence, the court must consider if an intervention order is in place for the child or a member of the child’s family.

What makes an overseas marriage invalid?

In Australia, several factors can potentially invalidate an overseas marriage such as:

  1. Either of the parties was, at the time of the marriage, in a valid marriage to someone else;
  2. Either of the parties was not of ‘marriageable age’ (not 18 years of age);
  3. The parties are within a prohibited relationship defined in section 23B of the act (i.e. the parties are brother and sister);
  4. The consent of either parties was not real due to one of the reasons set out in section 23B (the consent was obtained by duress or fraud, a party was mistaken as to the identity of the other party or as to the nature of the ceremony performed, or a party was incapable of understanding the nature and effect of the marriage ceremony).

Are you looking for someone to help?

Let us help you! Call Now : 08 8260 8134
·  Mon – Fri 09:00-17:00